How to add students to a class
- You may add students to a class from any of the three following areas:
- Student Directory.
- Click +Add Students.
- Select the term.
- Select the class.
- From the (Step 2:) Select People Records list, select the source you want to use for selecting students. Click Search.
You can select students from a number of sources, including Family Directory or an existing class, as the illustration below shows:
To get a list to choose students from, you will need to select the people record you want to use. You can then filter by age to narrow the results. You must click search to populate step 3.
- Under Step 3: Add Students from People Records:
- Use the filter fields (highlighted in yellow in the screenshot below) to narrow down the search. These include the Last Name and the Filter By Age fields.
- If you leave all filter fields blank, it may take a very long time to generate the list of names from which you will select your students.
- Either way, to generate a list from which to select the students to add, click the Search button.A
- A list of students that meet your criteria will display on the left side of the screen under the header People Records. To add a student, click the green plus sign to the left of the correct student.B
- You will see the added students under the New Students section on the right side of the screen.C If you made a mistake, you may remove them by clicking the red negative sign to the left of their name.
- Once you are done populating the New Students list, click the Add Students button at the bottom of the screen.