How to add students to a class
- You may add students to a class from any of the three following areas:
- Student Directory.
- Click +Add Students.
- Select the term.
- Select the class.
- From the (Step 2:) Select People Records list, select the source you want to use for selecting students.
You can select students from a number of sources, including Family Directory or an existing class, as the illustration below shows:
- Under Step 3: Add Students from People Records:
- Use the filter fields (highlighted in yellow in the screenshot below) to narrow down the search. These include the Last Name and the Filter By Age fields.
- If you leave all filter fields blank, it may take a very long time to generate the list of names from which you will select your students.
- Either way, to generate a list from which to select the students to add, click the Search button.A
- A list of students that meet your criteria will display on the left side of the screen under the header People Records. To add a student, click the green plus sign to the left of the correct student.B
- You will see the added students under the New Students section on the right side of the screen.C If you made a mistake, you may remove them by clicking the red negative sign to the left of their name.
- Once you are done populating the New Students list, click the Add Students button at the bottom of the screen.