How to add accounts in a stand-alone organization
If you use ParishSOFT Accounting through a managing organization such as a diocese, you will want to see the instructions for How to add an account when part of a diocese
If your organization uses a standalone chart of accounts, you can use the following procedure to add a new account.
Accounts → New Account
- Fill in the Description field with a name that is easy to identify. If all of your bank accounts are named 'Checking Account,' you will not easily know which one to select.
- Choose the Account Type from the drop-down menu (which is always Asset for a bank account)
- Complete the remaining fields. (Each organization will have different fields.)
- Mark the account as a bank account.
- Add the Service Charge and Interest Accounts. These accounts are used in the Bank Reconciliation process so you don't have to add this information via journal entry.
- Click Submit to save
If you have another account to enter click New Account and repeat the process.
Note: You must click New Account each time you want to create a new account.