Why can't I find a check I am searching for?
The check search screen has options that will limit your search. Filling in information in any of the choices will affect the results of the search.
If you know the check number, it is best to leave the default of Account, Vendor, Fiscal Year, the Transaction Date should be blank and the Transaction Amounts should also be blank. Filling in information in any of the choices will limit your search Results.
- Transaction Number (this is the check number)
- limits to the check number entered
- filling in an account will show you only the checks for the account chosen
- filling in the vendor will show you only the checks for the vendor chosen
- Fiscal Year
- filling in the fiscal year will show you only the check for the fiscal year entered
- Transaction Date
- Limits to the date range chosen
- Transaction Amount
- limits to the range chosen
Note: Each entry you make will limit your search.
Example: If you enter a check number and an account and the check was not written from that checking account you will not get any results because the check was not written from the account.