How to change to a new primary account
There are two options:
- Create a new Primary and assign it new Subsidiary account(s). The old Subsidiary accounts cannot be re-used under the new Primary.
- Rename the Primary account (ParishSoft would have to do this for you); the old subsidiary accounts can stay under this renamed account.
Note: Adding a new Primary and reassigning the current Subsidiary accounts is not an option
|Sub A||Sub B|
Setup new primary and subsidiary (must edit GL Accounts and Default Bank Accounts)
|Old Primary||New Primary|
|Sub A||Sub B||Sub C||Sub D|
These changes can be made through the software
Note: Reassigning a subsidiary from one Primary to another is not possible
- The general ledger balance in the old subsidiary will have to be transferred to the new subsidiary via a journal entry.
- If you have assigned default bank accounts to general ledger accounts, you will have to update that information.
Rename the Primary Account
|Old Primary||Rename Old to New|
|Sub A||Sub B||Sub A||Sub B|
ParishSOFT Data Specialists would have to change the name of the Primary Bank Account as this cannot be done through the software.
- Historical data will reflect the new Primary Account Name
- Since this would not be done through the software, the activity (changing the name) will not be reflected in the Audit Trail.
- The new checks for the new physical bank account must be a different check sequence than those for the old bank account.
Reassigning a subsidiary from one Primary to another is not possible