How to find a transaction that debits and credits the bank account when using Primary/Subsidiary
If you have followed the steps in this help article, How to reconcile your bank statement Basic Steps/Instructions, and found that the cleared amounts on your bank reconciliation match the bank statement cleared amount but your account is still out of balance, use the Primary Bank Account Balance Report to find transactions that use the bank account as a line item.
- Go to Reports → Accounts → Primary Bank Account Balance Report.
Configure the report as follows:
- Specify the Custom Date Range: Use the date of the oldest cleared transaction as the start date and the current date or newest cleared transaction date as the end date.
- Choose the primary account you are reconciling
- Mark print subsidiary accounts (optional) This is optional If you mark the box it may make the report easier to read but will not affect the search. *See below examples of the resultant report with and without marking this.
Example without marking Print Subsidiary Accounts
Example with marking Print Subsidiary Accounts
- Use CTRL F or Command F to find the amount you are looking for or search for transactions that debit and credit the bank account. You might also look for Paid Bill transactions. For information on how this works, see How to search transactions for a specific comment using CTRL F.
- Once you find the transaction that debits and credits the bank account you will need to unclear the transaction on your bank reconciliation and correct the transaction.
Do Not Void the Transaction!
If the transaction is voided we will need permission to remove the void flag. This will require permission from the diocese if you are in a diocese or the church administrator if you are not in a diocese.