How to create an ACH file to pay a vendor through direct deposit
If you have not already done so, you must do the preparatory work before proceeding with the next steps. See How to turn on and set up the vendor direct deposit feature. Also, before you may pay a vendor through direct deposit for the first time, you must create a pre-note and send it to the bank your organization has contracted with to process the direct deposit payments.
- In Ledger and Payables → Checks, select the Direct Deposit radio button.
- Note: Once you have set up a vendor for direct deposit, the only option you will have is to pay the vendor through direct deposit.
- The vendor will not display on the create checks screen until you select the Direct Deposit radio button.
- Select the bank account.
- Mark the check box in the Pay column for those bills you plan to pay presently.
- Select the Preview Checks button. Preview the checks to ensure the information is correct.
- Select the Create File button. The ACH file displays on the page.
- Click the save button and follow the instructions given to you by your bank to give them the file.