How to optimize batch posting when the amount is pre-filled from the prior entry
- After the first entry, with each subsequent entry, the amount value from the prior entry will pre-fill the Amount field.
This feature may be optimized in two ways when used in conjunction with the key (most optimal) or the key to progress from field to field:
- If you sort your postings by amount before you begin to enter them, you will be able to or through the field without having to enter the amount for several in a row until the amount changes.
- When you use the or the key to move from field to field, when the cursor lands in the Amount field, the value there will be highlighted (selected).
- Because the value is selected, if you need to change the value, you do not need to backspace or clear out the value.
- Instead, simply type in the new value. This will automatically replace the highlighted amount with the new one.
- If the amount has not changed, you may simply or through the field.
If you do not use the or key to move to the next field as recommended, but instead you click into the Amount field, simply click-in and swipe the value before releasing the mouse key. This will select the value so when you type in the new value it will be over-written.