How to edit a pledge
This article will show how to update all of the editable fields of an existing pledge record except for the pledge amount and the initial pledge paid amount. To learn how to change the pledge amount, see How to adjust the pledge amount. To learn how to update the initial pledge paid amount, see How to edit the Total Paid to a pledge through Pledge Details.
Go to the Pledges page.
Using the Navigator Bar, select Pledges.
- Using the Pledges Card, select Go to Pledges.
- Using the Navigator Bar, select Pledges.
- Search for the pledge you would like to adjust and click the link to the pledge record.
- The following screenshots highlight the fields that may be updated when a pledge record is edited. Those fields that are not highlighted may not be changed.
Pledge Date: Simply click into the Pledge Date field to make changes.
(See How to edit the total paid to a pledge through Pledge Details)
- Any change you make to a pledge requires a reason.
- The reason text in this field will not show up the next time you pull the record up, but it will show on reports.
- If you try to save the record after making changes but leave out a reason, you will get an error message. Add a reason and save the record.
- Start Date, Frequency, # Months, #Contributions, Installment Amount, and Fulfillment Method.
- Statement Months: Click any month to check or uncheck it or use the buttons on the right.
- The Initial Contribution Amount may not be changed here, at the bottom of the screen. Payments may be updated using the icon in the Total Paid field at the top of the screen.
- Pledge Date: Simply click into the Pledge Date field to make changes.
- To get a report of all of pledge record updates and reasons, print the Pledge Audit Report.