General GDPR Information
GDPR only applies to records that are created while the family or member are residents of the European Union.
- If they live in the United States when the record is created and then move to a country that is in the European Union, GDPR does not apply.
- If they have a part-time residence (like a vacation home) in a European Union country, but their record is created for their non-EU address and the EU address is later added, then GDPR does not apply
- The GDPR regulation has different levels or responsibilities for the data processors and the data controllers.
- ParishSOFT is a data processor; can be loosely defined as a tool or application provider.
- Parishes and Diocese are data controllers. The data controllers are the owners of the data.
- Data controllers are responsible for conforming to the GDPR regulations.