How to create a desktop shortcut for your ParishSOFT application
- This article has been written as a courtesy to our customers. The software used to create desktop shortcuts is not ParishSOFT software. Some browsers may update their software and change the method used to create desktop icons. If the process listed no longer works, you may find current instructions by doing a web search for your specific browser.
- No matter which browser you use when you create the shortcut, the browser you have set up on your computer as the default browser is the one which will be used when you click the shortcut. To learn how to change your default browser (which is not a function of the ParishSOFT software) you could google search the web for "How to change my default browser."
- The term application is used in this article to refer to either ParishSOFT Family Suite or ParishSOFT Accounting.
- The phrase annarbor is used in link examples to refer to your diocese or to your independent church portion of your website address.
Select the link for the browser you use to access your ParishSOFT Application.
How to add your ParishSOFT Application site icon (shortcut) to your desktop in Chrome
- Open the website to which you want to make a shortcut.
- Choose the iconA on the top right.
- Go to More ToolsB
- Click Create ShortcutC
- Name the shortcut
- Ensure Open as windowD is selected (selecting this checkbox will open the website in its own window independent of Google Chrome)
- Click CreateE. This will create an icon on the desktop. (If desired you can now pin the shortcut to the Taskbar)
Microsoft Edge &/or Windows 10 default browser
How to add your ParishSOFT Application site icon (shortcut) to your desktop in Windows 10 (this shortcut will open the application in your Windows 10 default browser)
Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.
Copy and paste the location below you want to use into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below) NOTE: replace the word annarbor below with your diocese such as trenton.
Type Your Application Name (such as ParishSOFT Accounting or ParishSOFT Family Suite) for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.
Right click or press and hold on the new Microsoft Edge shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.
Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, and click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)
In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
Choose whichever icon you have available that you would like to use as our shortcut icon
How to add ParishSOFT Application shortcut to my desktop in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to the website of your ParishSOFT application (Accounting or Family Suite)
- Right-click in an empty space and select Create shortcut from the menu
- You will be prompted to confirm this is what you want. Click Yes.
How to add ParishSOFT Application shortcut to my desktop in Firefox
- Open Firefox and bring up your ParishSOFT application.
- Resize the Firefox window so you can see both your computer's desktop and the Firefox window on the same screen.
- Click the icon on the left of the address bar (where the URL is shown).
- While still holding the mouse button down, move the pointer to the desktop, then release the mouse button. The shortcut will be created.
If you open the shortcut you made, your default browser will open, and display the page for which you made the shortcut.
How to add ParishSOFT Application shortcut to my desktop in Safari
- Open the web ParishSOFT Application web page in Safari
- Resize the Safari window so you can see both your comptuer's desktop and the Safari window on the same screen.
- Click the icon to the left of the address bar (where the URL or web address is shown).
- While still holding the mouse button down, move the pointer t the desktop, then release the mouse button. The shortcut will be created. brzzz