How to create a one-time or recurring gift for a donor using Virtual Terminal
Everyone should have access to Virtual Terminal, but if for some reason you don't, just give ParishSOFT Support a call at 866-930-4774 Ext. 2, and we can get it added to your profile.
For questions on how to handle a donor who doesn't have an email address, see: Donors without email addresses
- Go to the Settings menu and choose Virtual Terminal from the available options.
- In Virtual Terminal choose a fund from the Fund drop-down, type in an amount for the scheduled gift, and check the box for Recurring Transaction if the gift will continue.
- Once you check the box for Recurring Transaction a new section will come up with options for the Scheduled Gift.
At this point, you can set the frequency of the gift, how many installments the gift will have, and when the gift will start.
If the gift is a one-time gift, just leave the check box "Recurring transaction" unchecked.
- Once you've finished setting up the gift information, scroll down to Contact Information and choose Select Existing Donor. This will populate the Contact fields with the Donor's personal information.
- Fill out the Payment Method and Credit/Debit Information or E-Check Information fields. Once complete, hit the Process Transaction button at the bottom and you're done.