When you want to limit the number of items or registrations on an event, you will likely need to use a payment field titled "Calculated Payment" in the Forms Manager.
We've created an example Registration Form with 2 Registrations to show you how this works.
Go to Form Manager and either create a new Registration form, use one of the templates, or edit an existing Registration Form. In this case, we'll select a form we've already created on the Demo Site.
- Add the field "Calculated Payment" to the bottom of the form after your registration sections by clicking "Calculated Payment."
- The field will now show at the bottom of your form and the Field Properties Window should appear.
- Fill in your Name, Max Quantity per person, Total Quantity of Items, Item Price, and choose the fund a payment should be allocated towards.
For this example, we chose a max quantity of 2 per person because the form is only for the Registration of 2 people. We chose a Total quantity of 25 to simulate a smaller group of people.
- Go to the "Conditions" section of the Field Properties and click the radial button for "Under Certain Conditions". This will allow you to add Conditions for the field. You must add a condition for each item you have available on your form. In this case, we tied the field to each T-shirt size available. It will properly count the number of available items this way.
Save and Publish the form. The field will not work if the Form is still in Draft.
- Go to Preview Form to see the field in action. You must choose an item and enter the number of items to be purchased into the Calculated Payment Field.
Once these fields are filled, you can enter your Payment Information, and the Form will Calculate your Subtotal for the Transaction.
Your registrants can now pay!