How to update recurring gifts broken by changes to a fund
When changes are made to the name of a fund, the Recurring Gifts for that fund will need to be updated to include the newly added fund name as follows:
- Go to the Recurring Gifts report in your Control Panel.
- Look for Recurring Gifts that are tied to the updated fund.
- Choose one and click the Action button; then select Modify.
- When a fund change has broken the link between the Recurring Gift and the fund, you must choose a new, active fund so that the gift can continue to process correctly.
- To resolve it, choose the correct fund for the donation from the Fund Name dropdown and click Save to update the Recurring Gift.
- Once the Gift has been updated, you will see a confirmation like this at the bottom of the page.
Any donations in Sync Errors due to a fund name change will need to be manually posted.
Your scheduled gift for the newly updated fund will now process correctly.