How to add students to a class
- You may add students to a class from any of the three following areas: Dashboard, Student Directory, or Classes. Each of these may have the following steps in a different order.
In this article, we will walk you through adding a student through using Classes.
Go to Religious Education → Classes
- Select the term.
Select the class by clicking the checkbox to the left of the class name.
Select Add Students.
- You will now be on the Add Students Screen.
From the (Step 2:) Select People Records list, select the source you want to use for selecting students. (This article will use the Family Directory as a source).
- In the Records dropdown, select Family Directory.
- Enter an age range (to narrow down the results and speed up processing).
- Under Step 3: Add Students from People Records:
Use the filter fields (highlighted in yellow in the screenshot below) to narrow down the search.
- If you leave all filter fields blank, it may take a very long time to generate the list of names from which you will select your students.
- Either way, to generate a list from which to select the students to add, if you have not already, click the Search button to the right of Step 2.
- Use the filter fields (highlighted in yellow in the screenshot below) to narrow down the search.
- To add a student, click the green plus sign to the left of the correct student.B (see image below)
- You will see the added students under the New Students section on the right side of the screen.C If you made a mistake, you may remove them by clicking the red negative sign to the left of their name.
- Once you are done populating the New Students list, click the Add Students button at the bottom of the screen.
Note: Selecting a student from another class does not move the student from the original class, it just adds them to the new one.
Also described as "adding a child to a class."