How to format ZIP codes that start with zero in Excel
For Organizations that have ZIP codes that start with the number Zero, doing an export to Excel can be time-consuming.
Even if the Zip codes are entered in Family Suite correctly (ex. 03003) Excel re-formats the zip code to read as a valid number once you open it up in Excel (ex. so 03003 becomes 3003).
To correct this without having to go into each and every cell and enter in a zero, you can just reformat the cell to read as a zip code. This should only be done for the five-digit postal code column, not for the Plus 4 column.
- Highlight the Zip Code Column.
- Go to Format1 and choose Format Cells2.
- Choose the Category of Special and then:
- select the Zip Code column and click OK. .
- This will display all zip codes starting with 0 as the full five digit number.
- This will now update your data to the proper format so that the zip codes display correctly.