How to set up an accounts payable account
Only a liability account may be designated as an accounts payable account.
To designate the account as accounts payable:
- Go to Ledger & Payables → Accounts.
- Use the Quick Find option at the right to bring up the account:
- Click *Description.
- Enter the description, "Accounts Payable"
- Click Find Account to display it to the page.
*If you know the shortcut or the account code, you may use either of these to search for and find the account.
- Check the Accounts Payable option toward the bottom of the page.
- Click Submit.
Note: If you have more than one accounts payable account, you may want to select the one you use the most as your default accounts payable account.
- PSA Getting Started - Checks or PDF Reports: How To Set Up PSA for Printing
- PSA Getting Started - Set Up: Bank Account
- PSA Getting Started - Set Up: Check Layout and Print Test Check