How to merge multiple donor profiles
A Donor may accidentally create more than one profile when learning how to use the giving site. When that happens, you can merge the duplicate into the original profile by following the steps below:
NOTE: Each donor record MUST have an email, even if it is a fake one. And if two donors have the same email when you go to merge, you may want to give the record you do not intend to keep an obvious email such as "Merge@Gmail.com" so you know which one is the record to be merged out.
- Go to the Donors tab and look for the two or more Donors you wish to merge. In this case, we have two accounts for the same donor, with different emails.
- Once you've made a note of which accounts need to be merged, click on Merge Donors. This will take you to the Merge Donor Profiles Page.
- Choose Select Profile for the Merge this Donor Profile section to choose the duplicate you wish to merge into the Primary Account.
This will take you to a search screen where you can enter the name or email of the profile you are trying to merge.
Click on the name or email for the profile you want to merge into the Primary Profile, and it will load into the Merge this Donor Profile... section of the page.
- Now click the Select Profile option in the into this Donor Profile section.
This will take you to a search screen where you can enter the name or email of the profile you into which you are trying to merge.
Click on the name or email for the profile you want to be the Primary Profile, and it will load into the ...into this Donor Profile section of the page.
- You can now see which Email and Donor Name will be used on the new Profile. Check the box that asks if you understand you are merging two profiles, and then click Submit.
You will be asked if you want to Merge the two selected Donors. Select Yes.
You will get a small alert in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen that tells you the Donors have been successfully merged.
You will now only see a single profile in the Donor List.