How to Create and Use a Nelco Account
First, go to the Nelco Website for Electronic Filing to get an overview of how it works plus pricing information. Charges reflected in the W-2 Service box are per employee. Once there, you may create an account and add your credit card information, or you may wait until you've actually transmitted the W-2 form from Payroll to create your account. If you choose to do so ahead of time, from the Nelco Site, click on the Filing Home tab then Create Account.
Note: go to the Nelco Website for Electronic Filing pricing information
- Enter the required information in the User Information window, including your Name, Company/Church Name, Address, and Phone information. Click Step 3.
- Confirm the User Information entered and click Yes, I want to start filling out forms.
- In the Services box, select from the e-filing offerings, and note the options selected next to each employee’s name:
- Package 1 includes Federal and State E-filing and will print and mail each employee their W-2. The church would only have to print the Employer’s copy for their records from ParishSOFT Payroll.
- Package 2 includes Federal E-filing and will print and mail each employee their W-2. The church would have to submit to the State on paper and print only the Employer’s copy for their records from ParishSOFT Payroll.
- Federal E-filing includes only E-filing to the Federal Government. The church would have to submit to the State on Paper and print and distribute the Employee’s W-2 and print the Employer’s copy for their records.
- State Filing includes only E-filing to the State. The church would have to submit to the Federal Government on Paper and print and distribute the Employee’s W-2 and print the Employer’s copy for their records.
- Recipient Mailing includes only the employee’s W-2’s printed and mailed to each employee. The church would have to submit to the Federal and State on Paper and print the Employer’s copy for their records.
- Select the Employees by clicking the checkbox next to the affected Employees.
- Click Next.
- At the Checkout window, you can choose to print a Summary Report or Detail Report for your records.
- You can also choose to remove an Employee should you have selected an employee in error.
- Review the total charges and click Next.
- Enter the Credit Card information and click Next.
- Review the Credit Card information provided and edit the cart if needed. Click the checkbox at the Affidavit and click Confirm and Submit.
- You will receive an Order Confirmation with a Batch Number. Record this Batch Number for your records.
- Click the View Status and Reports button to review the status of the filing.
- Click the Print Forms button to print, view or save the Employer’s copies and any additional State, City, or Local W-2’s that need to be provided to your employees.
- Click the Print Receipt button to print a receipt of the applicable W-2 filing charges for your records.
- Click the X in the upper right corner of the display to exit this window.
- Return to Payroll → Forms → W-2 Electronic Filing and click the Check Status button periodically over the next day or two to verify that your electronic filing was accepted or if there were issues or problems you need to address.