How to create a new staff assignment record
Add new staff
- Open Family Directory. Make sure the person for whom you are creating the staff record has a member record in Family Directory. Their name will be listed on the Family List.
- Go to the Administration tab. Click Manage Staff.
- Check the Staff List to make sure this person doesn't already have a staff record.
- Click on the plus sign button that says Add New Staff when you mouse over it.
- In the Find Member screen, type in the last name of the person for whom you would like to create a Staff Assignment and click Search.
- Once you've found the correct member record, click the radio button to its left, then Accept. DO NOT click Add New Staff, as this will create a brand new member record.
- You'll get a popup message that reads, "Staff has been added successfully". Click OK. Then, add the Access Rights and assignments.
- If the staff does not exist, use the button to Add New Staff instead, then fill in all of the information you have for that Staff. Those fields that are required will have an asterisk.
Add New Staff
Fill in the information you have for this staff, but especially the fields with an asterisk which are required.
You will be taken directly to the Assignments tab. There, click Edit Details and fill in the username. We suggest First_Lastname.
Click Save then click the Access Rights tab.
- Click on the Access Rights tab. Click Edit Details. Input the Start Date and the End Date if you desire.
- Check the box that says Primary Assignment.
- If you want him or her to be able to log in, also check the boxes for Grant Login Privileges and ParishSOFT Family Suite Access.
- Grant access, viewing, and editing privileges to the various Modules such as Offering and IQ as you see fit.
- If this person is an Organization Administrator who should have privileges to do everything, check the box next to Organization Admin. Click Save.
- Notes: Click on the Notes tab. Input any notes about the staff record that you desire. Click Save & Close.
The last step is to enable Fund Permissions .
- New Offering: See How to manage fund permissions by member
Please note: Staff members must have fund permissions for a fund in order to view the contributions that are posted to that fund. If a staff member generates contributions statements, he or she will NOT see contributions for funds he doesn't have permission to view, and those contributions will NOT print out in the statements.
Click each of the following tabs and then the Edit button at the bottom to manage each of these pages for the Staff. Make sure to save your changes.
- At the bottom of the window, click Edit Details. Enter a username for your staff person. We recommend firstname_lastname. Add their email address. You may fill in any other optional fields. Click the Save button.
Click the Edit button then the Reset Password button. This will send an email with a temporary password. They may then log in with that password and will be prompted to change the password to a new one of their choosing.
NOTE: Even if the Reset Password email is sent and received by staff, they will not be able to actually log into the Family Suite until they are given Access Rights (see two sections down).
- Click OK. Then Save.
- Click on the Positions tab. Click Edit details. In the column on the right-hand side, scroll through until you find their staff position. Then, drag and drop the new position box so it is directly above the Unknown box. That puts it in the Primary Position. Click Save.