How to resolve the following error on the Process Payroll routine: You have not defined Employee Earnings/Deductions for yyyy.
You have not defined Employee Earnings/Deductions for yyyy. (Where yyyy = the year for which you are processing payroll.)
You must Create Next Year's Employees. To do so go to File, Bookkeeper's Assistant, Calendar Year-End tab, and execute step 2, Create Next Year's Employees. With your Active Date set to December 31, (yyyy-1)
- Select the File Tab
- Select the Bookkeeper's Assistant option
- Click on the Calendar Year-End tab (right top)
- Select Step 2, Create Next Year's Employees
- The routine displays a pop-up window into which you may mark your selections. Ensure the year is the same for which you received the error.
- We recommend keeping all boxes marked and then going back into each employee and updating them individually.
- Once all selections have been thoughtfully made, click Next, then Process.
- Make sure your Active date is correct, and select Process Payroll again.
- To ensure all employee data is populated in the payroll process, on the second screen, select the 'Reset All' button before entering payroll information.
- Complete payroll as usual