How to add custom zip/postal codes
The goal of this document is to show you how to add a custom zip code into the Family Directory in case a Zip Code is not part of the system or if it is not associated with a specific city or region that a customer is attempting to enter.
- Open the record of the family whose zip code needs to be updated.
- Click Edit Details.
- Click the red x next to their zip code to remove the current zip code from their record.
- Click OK on the window that displays confirming that you will remove the zip code, city, and state from this record.
- Type in the zip code that you would like to use and press TAB.
- A window should display that allows you to search through zip codes and select a city, state, etc.
- If there is only one city listed for this zip code, that city and state will be automatically selected.
- In this situation, repeat steps 4-6 and enter 000000 in the zip code field. This should trigger the window to display in step 6.
- Next enter the relevant information for the edited zip code that you would like to add into the database and click search.
- Search for the postal code and receive the message that no postal code with this information has been found in the system.
- Choose Add & Use Postal Code to select this postal code for your family or click Add & Keep Searching to add this custom zip code to the database and continue creating custom zip codes.
- Click OK on the message that appears to add the postal code to the system
- Click Save on the record and the record will be updated with the custom zip code information
- If multiple zip codes exist for one address, the city can be changed without deleting the current zip code by clicking Edit Details and the selecting the drop-down menu for the city.