The goal of this article is to outline the steps necessary to generate e-statements in ConnectNow for members to download through MOC
- Open the Offering module and click on Reports
- Under Category, select Contributions; under Type, Statements
- Under Funds, choose the funds you want to report on. Click Next.
- Under Options, choose "Electronic Statements" under "Delivery Format."
- Select the next page by either clicking the "Template" tab (top) or the "Next" link (bottom)
- Just like the Statements report, you can:
- select the Statement Date they would like printed on each statement by either typing in the date or using the calendar
- choose or create a letter to include on the statement
- include the pastor's signature
- Select the next page by either clicking the "Givers" tab (top) or the "Next link (bottom)
- On the Givers page, all givers will automatically be selected and cannot be un-selected.
- At the bottom, click the "preview statements" button to see how the statements will print for the members
- Staff will see a message indicating they will only be able to preview contributions to funds they have permission to view. This message pops up for everyone. The giver will see all contributions even if the staff doesn't.
- Click the "generate statements" button to send the statements to the members' MOC profiles. This button indicates the number of statements that will be sent to MOC.
- A green banner will show across the top indicating the report is processing
- IMPORTANT NOTE: users can continue working in other modules while this process runs in the background. Leaving this page or closing the browser will not stop the statements being sent to MOC.
- Once the process is complete, the status (below Category) will indicate the statements have been generated. The "email ..." button will then become live. Click this button to generate a CSV with families' first/last name and email address. Copy/paste into email to notify families that statements are available
- In the lower left, you will see a box titled "Electronic Statements Status". In that box you will see the following entries:
- Job Date - the date statements were generated.
- No Statements Created - statements have not been generated
- In Process - the report is still sending statements to MOC
- Generated - statements are available for download in MOC
- Period - the date range of the statements
- Funds - only tax-deductible funds will be included
- Groups - Shows family groups chosen
- Registration - Shows registration status of families
To see a preview of what this process looks like, click here.