The goal of this article is to outline the steps necessary to generate e-statements in ConnectNow for members to download through MOC
- Open the Offering module and click on Reports
- Under Category, select Contributions; under Type, select E-Statements
- The year will already be selected and cannot be changed
- Below the Category area, users will see a list of pre-selected filters. This will include a status for their statements
- No Statements Created - statements have not been generated
- In Process - the report is still sending statements to MOC
- Generated - statements are available for download in MOC
- Other filters include (cannot be changed at this time):
- Job Date - the date statements were generated.
- Period - the year of the statements
- Funds - only tax-deductible funds will be included
- Groups - currently includes all family groups
- Registration - currently includes both registered and unregistered families
- Select the next page by either clicking the "Template" tab (top) or the "Next" link (bottom)
- Just like the Statements report, users can:
- select the Statement Date they would like printed on each statement by either typing in the date or using the calendar
- choose or create a letter to include on the statement
- include the pastor's signature
- Select the next page by either clicking the "Givers" tab (top) or the "Next link (bottom)
- On the Givers page, all givers will automatically be selected and cannot be un-selected.
- At the bottom, click the "preview statements" button to see how the statements will print for the members
- Staff will see a message indicating they will only be able to preview contributions to funds they have permission to view. This message pops up for everyone. The giver will see all contributions even if the staff doesn't.
- Click the "generate statements" button to send the statements to the members' MOC profiles. This button indicates the number of statements that will be sent to MOC.
- A green banner will show across the top indicating the report is processing
- IMPORTANT NOTE: users can continue working in other modules while this process runs in the background. Leaving this page or closing the browser will not stop the statements being sent to MOC.
- Once the process is complete, the status (below Category) will indicate the statements have been generated. The "email ..." button will then become live. Click this button to generate a CSV with families' first/last name and email address. Copy/paste into email to notify families that statements are available.
To see a preview of what this process looks like, click here.