Teach a parish administrator how to reset a password for a parishioner.
Instruct the administrator to do the following:
- Log in to your own Online Giving account.
- Click Manage My Church. (See attachment, Manage My Church OLG).
- Now you will see a menu attached to the box that says Manage My Church. Click on the Givers button in that menu. It's in the right column.
- Now you will see a list of all of the Givers to your church. They will mostly be parishioners. Scroll through the list until you find the parishioner whose password you want to reset. In my example, I want to reset the password for Craig Ringbloom.
- Once you locate that parishioner's name, look to the right and you'll see an icon that looks a little bit like a very small newspaper. (See attachment, Givers OLG). Click on the newspaper icon. This will bring up a small box in the middle of your screen that will say Giver Details and show personal information such as home address for the parishioner.
- You will see the parishioner's personal email address here. Record it somewhere, because you will need it in the next step. I would write it down on a piece of paper, double-checking to make sure you have the correct address.
- Now, click the X button on the top right to close out of the Giver Details box.
- Click on Preview Site, near the top of the page. (See attachment Preview Site OLG). This will bring you to a new window.
- Here, click on the underlined Password button. (See attachment Password OLG). A small box will pop up in the middle of your screen.
- Enter your parishioner's email address in each box, then click Submit. (See Attachment Forgot your Password OLG).
Now, a reset password email will be sent to that email address. That parishioner will be able to open the email and reset their own password. Instructions on how to do so will be in the email.