The goal of this document is to show you how to create a new staff assignment record in ConnectNow.
- Open Family Directory. Make sure the person for whom you are creating the staff record has a member record in Family Directory. There name will be listed in the Family List.
- Go to the Administration tab. Click on Manage Staff.
- Check the Staff List to make sure this person doesn't already have a staff record.
- Click on the plus sign button that says Add New Staff when you mouse over it.
- You'll be taken to a new screen shown above with the Find Member screen overlaying it. In the Find Member screen, type in last name of the person for whom you would like to create a Staff Assignment. Click Search.
- Now you'll be in the Member Search screen (below). Look for possible matches. You may narrow the search adding the first name and clicking Search. If there are multiple people with the same first and last name, look at the other details on the page for possible matches. For instance, look for the correct address, email address, and organization (meaning your church's name).
- Once you've found the correct member record, select it by clicking in the circle to its left. Then click the Accept button. Do not click Add New Staff, as this will create a brand new member record.
- You'll get a popup message that reads, "Staff has been added successfully". Click OK.
- You are now in the new staff record. There are four tabs across the top. Make sure you're in the Assignments tab.
- Assignments: At the bottom of the window, click Edit Details. Enter a username for your staff person. We recommend firstname_lastname. Add their email address. You may fill in any other optional fields. Click the Save button.
- Click the Edit button then the Reset Password button. This will send an email with a temporary bpassword. They may then login with that password and will be prompted to change the password to a new one of their choosing.
- Click OK. Then Save.
- Positions: Click on the Positions tab. Click Edit details. In the column on the right hand side, scroll through until you find their staff position. Then, drag and drop the new position box so it is directly above the Unknown box. That puts it in the Primary Position. Click Save.
- Access Rights: Click on the Access Rights tab. Click Edit Details. Input the Start Date and the End Date if you desire.
- Check the box that says Primary Assignment.
- If you want him or her to be able to log in, also check the boxes for Grant Login Privileges and ConnectNow Access.
- Grant access, viewing, and editing privileges to the various Modules such as Offering and IQ as you see fit.
- If this person is an Organization Administrator who should have privileges to do everything, check the box next to Organization Admin. Click Save.
- Notes: Click on the Notes tab. Input any notes about the staff record that you desire. Click Save & Close.
- The last step is to enable Fund Permissions. From the Family Suite Screen, go to the Offering tab then to Funds. Click on the Fund Permissions button, the one with a wrench icon on it.
- Once in the Manage Fund Permissions screen, click Manage by Member. Select the staff person you just created. On the right side, select all of the funds that you want him or her to have permission to view and edit.
- Please note: Staff members must have fund permissions for a fund in order to view the contributions that are posted to that fund. If a staff member generates contributions statements, he or she will NOT see contributions for funds he doesn't have permissions to view, and those contributions will NOT print out in the statements.