Objective: remove apostrophe from postal code when it was exported to Excel from the Family List. Postal Codes with leading zeros suddenly have an apostrophe in front of the first digit (0).
1. In excel, do a find and replace on the postal code column to replace apostrophe with nothing.
2. Next, highlight the Postal code column, right-click the column and select format cells... (below left).
3. Select Custom and select 0 option (above right)
4. Enter 5 zeros directly under the word Type in that field (above right).
5. Click OK. The postal codes should display as normal.