LII People - Training - What to do When a Couple Divorces

  1. If the couple had joint stewardship contributions in the current year, you may set both giving records to Single account types recognizing that contributions made while they had a joint account are stored in the original .01 record.
  2.        Give one person a new ID.
  1. If the couple has children, assign them the Family ID Number of the parent who has primary custody, following the same steps as you followed above. If you desire, you may enter the other parent’s address as a Secondary Address (Personal tab in Manage People)in the children’s records.
  2. If the spouse uses a different Last Name, after assigning the new ID number, be sure to edit the Family Last Name in their people record.
  3. You may need to transfer the contribution history from one person to the other.

Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.