How to clear a remaining balance on a partially paid bill
You have two options to remove a bill from the bills-to-pay list if it has been partially paid.
- If the remainder of the bill is to be paid then pay it as normal under the Checks icon.
- If it was partially paid, you must basically create a check (with a fake check number) for the balance and then void that check as follows.
- You will need to go through the print checks process as you would when printing checks for any other bill.
- Once on the Print checks window, you must assign a fake check number such as yyyymmddV# as shown in the example below. Including an alpha character in the check number (such as the 'V" in the example) will avoid your check stock numbers from being used and keep your check numbers in sequence.
- You will then click print checks.
When the Adobe check window pops up, you can simply close it without printing. Click submit on the 'Did Checks Print Ok' with 'Yes I clicked the Print icon and check(s) printed correctly option' checked. To see this process step-by-step, click here.
- Once you have completed the check printing process (there is no need to actually print anything), void the check.