How to convert the ParishSOFT Giving CSV files into the format accepted by Parishsoft Family Suite
These steps will remove the space(s) around a donation amount in the amount column in ParishSOFT Giving exported files. This is necessary because Parishsoft Family Suite will not accept spaces.
- In ParishSOFT Giving, export giving and save the file to your computer (any location that you will remember).
- in Excel, open the file and then choose file and Save As to save the file.
- As long as CSV is listed as the Save as type, click Save to save it to your computer (any location that you will remember).
- If you save the file to the same location you downloaded it to then a dialog box will display; choose “Yes” to replace the original file.
Another dialog box will display a warning telling you that newer Excel features are not compatible with the CSV format; choose the “Yes” option to continue with the CSV format.
- Close Excel.
- You may now import the file into Parishsoft Family Suite.