How the State ID entry and printing works for Tax Forms
- Enter State ID in Employer Information or in Payer Information
- Populate the Tax ID field for each Employee Record
Click the following links to see how the ID prints on each form
- W-2 Copy A, D & 1, 2-Up Blank Paper up to 16 digits will print
- W-2 Employee Copies B & C, 4-Up Blank Paper up to 12 digits will print
- W-2 2-Up Pre-Printed up to 16 digits will print
- The W-3 Blank Paper up to 20 digits will print
- W-3 Pre-Printed Form up to 20 digits will print
- 1099 4-Up Blank Paper up to 15 digits will print
- 1099 2-Up Preprinted up to 11 digits will print
Enter State ID
Add the Tax ID in Payroll, Setup, Employer Information or through Ledger & Payables, Setup, 1099 Payer Info. Although 20 digits are allowed on the entry form, only 15 digits will print on the W-2 form and on the 1099 form. If you enter more than 15 digits the last digits will be left off the 1099 form. Remove any spaces or special characters if the combination is more than 15 digits.
Populate the Tax ID field for each Employee Record
To ensure each employee record will have the correct State tax ID for W-2 printing, go into Payroll, Forms, Edit Employee's W-2 Information.
If the State ID you entered in the Employer Information is not populating the Employer's State ID field, you may click the Reprocess button for each employee at the bottom of the form or click the Reprocess All button to populate the field for all employees at once.
The field will populate with all of the numbers that were entered in the Employer Information Screen for State Tax ID.
When you print the actual form using the W-2 Copy A, D & 1, 2-Up Blank Paper, 16 of the 20 digits will print.
W-2 Employee Copies B & C, 4-Up Blank Paper will only print 12 of the 20 digits.
W-2 2-Up Pre-Printed for State ID, 16 of the 20 digits will print.
The W-3 Blank Paper for State ID, all 20 digits will print as will also on the W-3 Pre-Printed form.
W-3 Pre-Printed Form for State ID, all 20 digits print
1099 4-Up Blank Paper for State ID, 15 of the 20 digits will print
1099 2-Up Preprinted for State ID, 11 of the 20 digits will print
W-2 Setup: Deduction/Benefits for Boxes 10, 11, 12 and 14
W-2/W-3 Processing: Comprehensive including electronic transmission
Please sign in to leave a comment.