Select the Customers button on the Preferences > Accounts Receivable screen to open the Customers window where you can create, edit, or delete customer information.
The routine can also be accessed from Define Customers on the AR Data Entry panel.
The window that opens shows nine tabs. To move to another tab, either press Alt plus the underlined number on the tab (2, 3, etc.), or click your mouse on the tab.
1. List select customers.
2. Personal enter customers name, address, etc.
3. Items keep track of the customers billing items.
4. Misc provides various user-defined fields for tracking customer information.
5. Inv History display invoices for a specified date range and enter a payment.
6. Pay History display payments made during a specified date range.
7. Recurring add, edit and view recurring invoices for this customer.
8. Notes enter or view information about customer contacts and activity
9. Year-to-Date view transaction and payment summary for the past year.
The command bar provides quick access to editing tasks and is active on all tabs.
To create a new customer record Select New on the command bar.
To delete a customer Select the customer record. From any tab, select Delete on the command bar. Any active invoices or payment history will block deletion.