How to get fund totals for a certain date range using an Excel pivot table
- First, go to the Offering Module and the Contribution List tab.
- Select your date range.
- Click View Contributions to generate the results.
- Select Export to CSVA to export the data to excel.
- In Excel, highlight your data and choose Pivot Table from the Insert tab.
- In the PivotTable Field List on the right, do the following:
- Put Posting Date under Column Labels.
- Put Fund under Row Labels.
- Put Amount under Values (it will appear as "Sum of Amount").
To Group By Year:
- Right-click on your first date (this should be in cell B4) and choose Group.
- Deselect Month and choose year.
- Then click OK.
This will display the three-year totals for the various funds. Alternatively, you can do Quarters or Months in #2.
Switching out Funds in the Row Labels for Name will show how much each family gave yearly, quarterly, or monthly depending on which grouping is selected: How do I create a 3 year summary of family's giving history per year?
This is a powerful tool that you can use to display many different results based on your data.