Guidelines for Typical Staff Permissions
- To assign access rights and permissions, you must have Organization Admin or Diocesan Admin permissions assigned to your login credentials.
- Individuals you are granting access to should have a family and member record in the Organization you are providing access for.
- Best practice to have separate email accounts for all users.
- User login accounts should not be shared.
- Periodic review of all user accounts and access rights are critical for information security.
- For individuals with multiple assignments one assignment must be designated as the Primary Assignment.
- Grant Login Privileges and ParishSOFT Access must be checked to give access to the ParishSOFT Family Suite.
- Give Edit/Add rights only to those responsible for managing organizations and members in the database.
- To assure complete and accurate historical information in your database limit the number of staff who are given delete permissions.
- Grant only the privileges that are required for the job or function, not every member needs an assignment record.
- IMPORTANT: Always End Date login privileges for anyone who leaves their position at the organization.
- Those with Access Rights to Offering will also need to be given Fund Permissions in the Offerings module.
For detailed instructions on adding and editing staff permissions please refer to the Managing Staff help pages in the ParishSOFT application. Additionally the Support Center link below has many helpful articles for managing staff permissions.
ParishSOFT Family Suite Permissions
The following contain examples of Access Rights for some typical parish staff positions. Access Rights will vary based on the policies and standard operating procedures for the Arch/Diocesan and Parish. If an organization has one person filling multiple roles, it is best to give them the fewest rights they need to complete all their functions. It is prudent to give fewer rights and add more as it is determined they are needed.
Pastor, Parish Administrator and/or Business Managers: These are the positions that most often need Organization Admin rights to oversee the management of the database.
Secretary: If this person is also responsible for Offering, Ministry Scheduler, and/or Religious Education/Tuition, you will want to provide Add/Edit rights for the modules they are responsible for. View or Print rights may only be needed in Ministry Scheduler, Religious Education or Tuition if this persons needs to look up information and/or print reports for these modules. Delete rights should be given based on your Arch/Diocesan and/or Parish standard operating procedures.
Religious Ed Coordinator: Depending on your organizations standard operating procedures this person may also need rights to Add/Edit under Family Directory. Delete rights should be given based on your Arch/Diocesan and/or Parish standard operating procedures.
Bookkeeper: Depending on your organizations standard operating procedures this person may also need rights to add/edit under Family Directory. Remember Fund Permissions must also be given from within the Offering module. Delete rights should be given based on your Arch/Diocesan and/or Parish standard operating procedures.
Liturgy Coordinator (Or Ministry Scheduler): Depending on your organizations standard operating procedures this person may also need rights to Add/Edit under Family Directory.
3767 Ranchero Drive, Suite 100 | Ann Arbor, MI 48108 | Toll Free 866.930.4774 | Fax 734.205.1011