How to suppress a default year for date of birth
The year cannot be suppressed on a date of birth.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT ENTERING DATES:
1. Dates assume the current century when entering two digits for the year.
2. Enter any leading zeroes: April 1, 2010 = 040110.
3. If the year is not known, type some far distant year (3000), a far past date (1800) or estimate and type the first year of the decade (1960) to place people in an age range.
4. If the month or day is not known, assume the first month or day. Thus, if you
enter 01 as the day, you can select that person in a list of birthdays in that month.
5. Clear out an incorrect date by highlighting it and pressing Backspace.