Rules used by the Kenedy Statistics report to categorize families and members
The Kenedy Statistic report uses a set of rules to categorize families and members. This document describes what is counted in Kenedy Statistics:
Receptions Into This Church
- The sacrament record must be checked as "Completed."
- The sacrament date must be within the date range selected for the report.
- The sacrament parish field must have an entry with the same ID as your parish. (Note that the parish names and ID are independent, so it's possible to have records with the right name but wrong ID).
- For Baptism only, a baptism will be counted toward the parish total if your parish created a baptism record but didn't put in a parish name. ParishSOFT calculates the time between the member's birthdate and their baptism date to create the categories of baptism:
- Infant Baptism: Less than 7 years between birth and baptism.
- Minor Baptism: 7-17 years between birth and baptism.
- Adult Baptism: 18 or more years between birth and baptism.
- Not Specified: The baptized person does not have a birthdate in their member record.
- The marriage record must be checked as "Completed."
- The marriage date must be within the date range selected for the report.
- The marriage date ended must be blank.
- The sacrament parish field must have an entry with the same ID as your parish.
- The marital status field in the marriage record must be "Married."
The marriage will be listed as Catholic if both spouses have the religion "Catholic" in their member record. "Roman Catholic" and other variants will not be recognized. If either spouse has a blank Religion field, the marriage will be listed as "Not Specified."
- Registered Parishioner Households have the "Registered" checkbox in the family record checked.
- A person is counted as an individual Catholic if
- Their member record is in a registered family.
- Their status is not Deceased.
- Their member religion is Catholic.
- A death is counted to your parish if
- Your parish is the owner of the member record.
- The member record has a date of death that falls within the selected date range.
- Religious Education counts members in your Member List who are enrolled in one or more religious ed classes that have a start date falling within the selected range.
- Elementary Students counts those students with a grade of K,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.
- High School Students counts those students with a grade of 9,10,11,12,HS,High School.