How to approve or deny change requests to a family or member record
When a member changes information in his or her Family Directory record, the request is put on hold until you approve or deny the change. This topic shows you how to review and take administrative action on change requests that members make to their records.
How the software handles change requests
The system handles change requests differently, depending on the action taken on the request. Specifically:
- When a user with Suspense Reviewer rights approves a change request, the family or member record is updated accordingly. The system stores a record of the request and the action taken (Approved) in the Suspense History log.
- When you deny a change request, the system stores a record of the request and the action taken in the Suspense History log. The user who submitted the request can view details associated with the denied change by logging in to My Own Church and clicking View Activity link on the Home page. The member can then follow up with the church office by phone or by email using the CONTACT button on their My Own Church Home page.
Reviewing and taking action on pending change requests
- Click Administration, Suspense, then select the Family Directory Updates option (image above).
- The Family Directory Updates Page is displayed. This page lists the family records with current pending changes. The first record is selected by default.
- In Step 1, select the name of the member or family whose record you want to review. The page updates and details pertaining to the submitted change are displayed in Step 2, Review & Process Updates, as shown below:
- In the Suspense Source section, select the type of changes you want to review from one of these groups:
- Family Information
- Family Address
- Family Member Data
Then, review the changes. The exiting information appears in the Current Information column, and the requested changes appears in the New Information column.
If desired, enter information related to the user's requested change in the Review Notes field.
For example, you can enter a reason why you decided to take a particular action. These notes are entered into the Suspense History log after you process the change request.
Do one of the following:
If you approve all of the requested changes, click Approve All.
The system displays a message to inform you that the requests were approved. Approved changes are processed immediately, and the database is updated accordingly. A record of each approved request is recorded in the Suspense History log.
If you deny all changes, click Deny All.
The system displays a message to inform you that the changes were denied. A record of each rejected request is placed in the Suspense History log.
If you approve certain changes but reject others, in the Action column select Approve or Deny for each line item. Then, click Process Actions.
Address changes must be approved as a unit. You cannot separately approve changes to the individual components (for example, the city or postal code) of an address.
The system displays a message to inform you which requests were approved and which were denied. Approved requests are processed immediately and the database is updated with the change. A record of each approved request and each denied request is entered into the Suspense History log.
How to resolve missing radio button when attempting to review a new user(s) suspense request for My Own Church
Please sign in to leave a comment.