Getting started in My Own Church
Where do I start?
After you log in to your account, your personal Home page is displayed. Note: Your home page will look a little different than those in our examples. The components are controls and privilege-based and tied to your login credentials.
The Home page serves as the starting point for working in the application. The page provides links to important information as well as tabs that give you access to main areas of the application.
Click the My Family link to view your family and member records. For details, see How to view and update the information in your family record or How to View and Update Information in a Family Member's Record.
- Home: displays your Home page.
- Pictorial Directory: a directory listing of members in your church that includes both family and member photos.
- Giving History: displays your personal giving history records.
You can access the main areas of My Own Church by clicking any one of these tabs:
- Home: returns you to the Home page.
- My Family: lets you access your family records and member records.
- My Education: lets you access the My Education page, which gives you access to an online registration form. Use the form to register for classes in your Religious Education program.
- My Offering: lets you access your giving history records.
- My Ministry: lets you access your minister records, including your schedules, scheduling preferences, and manage schedule exceptions and event exceptions. You can also volunteer for a ministry.
In the upper-right, your Home page contains these important links:
- HELP: opens the application's Help file, an online resource that provides information and instructions on how to use My Own Church to perform a given task..
- CONTACT: opens an email window where you can write and send an email to your church.
- SIGN OUT: logs you out of My Own Church.