How to add a new pledge record
A pledge is a record of the amount a donor promises to give to a fund over a given period of time.
This article shows you how to add a pledge record for an existing fund. After you add a pledge record, you can post payments to the pledge.
To add a pledge record, you must have View plus Add/Edit access rights for Contributions tied to your login credentials. You must also have permission to access the fund for which you are adding the pledge.
- In the Offering Module, Click the Pledges Tab.
- By default, this page shows you pledges for the fund currently displayed in the Fund dropdown list. The default census filters are set to FamilyStatus=Registered, Family Group=Active, and Pledge Type=Family.
- From the Fund list, select the fund receiving the pledge.
- (optional) Select one or more of the census filters to narrow down the list so you can work with certain families.
To update the Pledge list, click View Pledges.
The list updates, showing the names of families and individuals matching your filter criteria.
If no pledge records are found, you will see the message: No Pledges found.
Click + New Pledge.
- The Pledge Family Search window displays. The loaded pledge list filters are shown at the top of the window. Records matching all of the filter selections are displayed in the list below.
- In the following example, for the Ascension fund, all registered active families are displayed:
From the list, locate the family making the pledge to the fund by typing your search criteria in one or more of the column header fields. You can search by using one or more of the column header filters. The application automatically updates th elist. Note the filters are additive which means each time you add a filter, the results are narrowed further to display only thos families matching your filter choices.
Select the desired family by clicking the circle next to their name. Then, click Add Pledge.
- The New Pledge window is displayed. In the Pledge List Filters section at the top of the window, the filter criteria you selected is shown. Beneath the filters, you can view details from the selected donor's record. At the bottom of the window is an empty pledge form for you to complete.
Verify the information in the Donor Record portion of the window is correct and that you are working with the right donor. Then, do one of the following:
- If you are viewing the wrong record, click Cancel to return to the Pledge Family Search window. Your filter selections are still loaded.
- If you are viewing the correct donor, complete the details in the Pledge Record portion to set up the pledge.
- When done, click Add to save the pledge.
- Click Close to exit.