How to edit a bill
Questions answered in this article:
- How to edit a bill for accrual basis or for cash basis accounting
- Can a paid bill be edited
- How to edit the date on an unpaid bill
- How to remove or update line items on an unpaid bill
- If using the cash basis of accounting, you can edit any bill that has not been paid.
- If using an accrual basis of accounting, you can edit any bill in the current or future fiscal month that has not been paid.
- For paid bills or any bills in a prior period, you can edit the Comment and Project fields and the 1099 checkbox only.
To find out which basis of accounting your organization uses, select the following help file: How to tell if your organization uses a cash or an accrual basis of accounting
To edit the bill, go to Bills → Find Bill → enter the search criteria → click search → Click Go next to the bill to be edited → edit the bill
To edit the fields such as Bank Account, Vendor, Comment, Invoice Number, Invoice Date, Due Date, Discount Date, and Terms, click into any of these fields once you have pulled up the bill.
How to change the distribution on an unpaid bill
- To remove a line item, click the red X in the row containing the line item.
- To add more line items, click the More Lines link.
Click the Submit button at the bottom center of the screen to save your changes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.