How to correct a transaction in an open batch or no batch
- Click Contribution List in the Offering Module.
- Enter a date range for your search and click View Contributions
- Use the column heading filters to help locate the contribution you want to correct (see image below).
- For example, to locate the contribution by an envelope number, type the envelope number in the Env # filter field
- The search returns both broad and exact matches for the value entered. If you enter envelope #11, the search will return contributions posted for envelope numbers 1125, 110, 211, etc. (anything containing "11").
Select the checkbox to the left of the contribution record you want to change. Then click the edit icon (pencil) in the toolbar. The edit Contribution window is displayed.
In the Amount field, type the correct contribution amount. Only the information under the Contribution Record heading may be updated here.
In the Reason field, supply the reason for the change.
- Click Save, then Close to exit.