How to import a journal entry
A template is provided which models the file type and the data that each column requires for a journal entry import file.
In the Ledger & Payables Module, you can find the link to the template in the import window under Process → Import Processes → Import Journal Entry.
The file layout is always in the following order:
Shortcut Number | Date | Amount | Comment | Project Code | Transaction#
This is an image of a CSV file that is ready for import.
- The file must be saved as a csv file format.
- No column headers are allowed
- The sum total of the amount column must be zero.
- Shortcut Number is the assigned shortcut for the account used in the transaction.
- Date must be formatted as mm/dd/yyyy
- Amount** no $ or commas allowed; use negative numbers for credit amounts.
- Comment* is optional; if looking at a txt file, this field may be blank but a comma is needed to separate fields
- Project Code* is optional; if looking at a txt file, this field may be blank but a comma is needed to separate fields
- Transaction Number must be an integer and one integer represents one transaction. There must be at least two entries per one integer as shown in the spreadsheet above.