How to add a new donor from the ParishSOFT Giving Donor's Page
There are two ways that Donor Profiles can be created in ParishSOFT Giving:
- The donor can create a profile in the Donor Portal (New Donor Sign Up Instructions)
- A manager on the giving site can create a profile for them as instructed below.
Instructions for giving site manager to create a donor profile
- To Add a Donor from the Giving Site on the Admin side, you first need to go to the Donors section of the control panel:
- Click on Add Donor.
- You'll be provided with a new window that asks for information on the new donor. Fields with a red asterisk are required. Click Save when done.
- You'll get an alert in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen telling you that the profile was successfully saved. Click Click Here to refresh the page.
- You will now be able to see the new Donor in the Donor List.
The Email address you added for your donor will receive a welcome email (if they're not a managed giver) giving them their username. If your Organization still hasn't edited your Email Template for New Donors, they may be given a password as well. If you want to change that, see: Remove Password from New Donor Email Template
The Donor should now be able to set up their password and login to add gifts and payment methods.