Before you start Integrating ParishSoft Giving with ParishSoft Family Suite, there are a few things you need to do:
- Turn ON all the integration settings in Family Suite (see How to set up Family Suite for Integration).
- Enable Import on any funds you wish to import into contributions (see How to set up Family Suite for contribution imports).
- Make sure envelope numbers are turned ON in ParishSOFT Giving. You can tell whether envelope numbers are enabled in PSG when you go to add a new donor. If the field "ENV" or "Envelope Number" is not available for a donor's profile, you will need to contact support to turn it on either for just your administrators or for both your parishioners and administrators.
- In ParishSoft Giving, make sure each donor who has an envelope number has it listed in their giving profile; (see How to update or change donor envelope numbers in ParishSoft Giving). Once the integration is turned on, the envelope number field will hold (either automatically or through manual entry) the Donor's Family DUID (ex. F_12345) or Member DUID (ex. M_12345). It's important for integration that you do not edit this number back to the envelope number. If contribution data exports are processed while integration is turned on, the file will populate with these numbers instead of the actual envelope number.
- Enter the URL for your ParishSOFT Family Suite Site and your Family Suite Org ID into the ChMS login credentials field of the giving site (Step 2 of: How to set up ChMS Integration in ParishSOFT Giving and How to find your Organization ID).
- Add fund mapping for your funds and click "Enable ConnectNow Integration" (Step 2 and onward: How to set up ChMS Integration in ParishSOFT Giving.)
- A default fund is not required
- If you make changes to any fund names after creating fund mapping, you must delete the fund mapping for that fund and redo it. You will also have to update all of the auto-donations tied to that updated fund (How to update Auto-Donations with changes made to a fund)
- Check your Sync Errors Report regularly to clear sync errors (The ChMS Sync Errors Report and Identifying Errors in the ChMS Sync Errors Report).
If you run into any issues not outlined or detailed in our articles, please contact ParishSOFT Support | email | 866.930.4774 ext 2.