How to perform a mail merge in ParishSOFT Desktop Family Suite
- Open up Family Directory and set your Membership and Fam Group & ID Display filters to include the records you want to mail mergeA, and then click the Mail Merge icon on the menu barB.
- You will be asked if you want to do the Mail Merge just for those who do not have an email listed on their record. If you want to do this select No. If you want to do the mail merge for everyone in the group regardless of email select Yes.
- You will then be asked if you would like to sort the Mail Merge Alphabetically or by ZIP Code. Choose Yes for Alphabetical, and No for ZIP Code.
- Then, you will have the option to go through the CASS or Bulk Mailing process. If you don't know what this process is, then skip it for now by selecting No and check your ParishSOFT Desktop Family Directory user manual for further information.
- You will now be prompted to choose a Mail Merge template from the ParishSOFT Templates. In this example, we choose a custom version of a welcome letter.
- This will open the template in Word, where you can edit and add to it as needed.
- Once you are finished editing or adding to the template, you can view the records you've selected live on the mail-merge by clicking Preview Results.
- You will then be able to see some of the records you've selected as they will appear and print in the mail merge.
- To print, go to Finish & MergeA to merge the selected records with the template. Then choose Print DocumentsB.
- You will now be asked if you want to print all or just a certain page range. Make your selections and click OK.
Congratulations, you've now completed a successful mail merge.