How to set temporary pricing on a form
Sometimes you like to have early-bird registration fees on a form for those in your congregation who register for events early. To do this, you can set temporary pricing for the form until a certain date sometimes used for Early Bird Pricing. You can also do more advanced settings like setting a short-term lower price and then have the form switch back to the previous pricing. Both options are covered in this article.
How to set temporary Early Bird Pricing
- To set this, go to the payment field or fields on your form and go into Feild properties using the gear icon:
- In the General Info section, go to the bottom of the Field Properties window and click Add Temporary Price.
- In this Example, the price is generally 10$, and after one week we want it to go up to 20$ for all the other registrations. To do that, we will click on Add Temporary Price and add an amount of 10$ to expire on the last date for Early-Bird registrations. Then we will click Add Temporary Price and add a second Price to be applied after that date until the end of the event registration for 20$.
- So when the end of Early-Bird Registrations hit, the following day the payment field will show the adjusted amount:
This will now be the amount for registration until the end of the event.
How to set a temporary price that reverts back to the original price
- Go back to the Field Properties for the Payment field and to the Temporary Pricing for the Form.
- In this example we want the pricing to go down by 5$ for one week and then revert back to the original pricing of 10$. We'll set it up like this:
- So now, the price will show as the discounted 5$ until the expiration date of 6/21/18 that we've set on the form. Then it will revert to the 10$ we've entered to be valid until the end of the event.
You can now create different pricing for different dates for your forms as needed or desired.