How to connect to ParishSOFT/CMS Remote Solutions
- From the Start menu on your computer click in Search Programs and Files box.
- Type mstsc and click mstsc.exe.
The Remote Desktop Connection program should start up.
- In the Computer field type hosted.parishsoft.com.
- Click the Options button at the bottom. This will expand the program window.
- Click the Local Resources tab.
- Select the box next to Drives. If you don’t see Drives, click on the More button. This should open a new window where you can select Drives. Depending on the version of your Remote Desktop Connection application you will or will not see the More button. You may need to click the More button to select Drives.
- Click the General tab and click Save As. Browse to a location on your computer such as your desktop to save the .rdp file (which is what you’ll use anytime you wish to connect). This RDP file saves the configuration so you don’t need to check the boxes each time. You can also distribute this file among other users that need to connect.
- At this point either click Connect or double-click on the new .rdp file you just saved.
- Click OK on the Welcome banner. You will be presented with a Windows login screen.
- Type the credentials you were given to connect. Make sure to have pshosting\ before your username. Leave the Domain name as is.
- Once you typed in your credentials click the OK button to be logged in.
- Skip to Working in the Environment
Mac (Mac OS – version 10.4.9 or Later)
Make sure you have Remote Desktop Connection for Mac installed on your computer. If you do not, you can download it for free. Look for a link to download Remote Desktop Connection Client.
- Once downloaded and installed, run the Remote Desktop
- From the RDC pulldown, click Preferences.
- Click on the Drives tab and choose All Drives from the list.
- Under the Login tab, type the credentials you were given.
- For the Domain, enter pshosting.
Working in the Environment
A basic Windows interface is presented. If you click on My Computer you should see that your local drives have been ported over along with two other drives. The H:\ drive is a personal profile location and the I:\ drive contains the application database files that your entire organization shares.
The desktop area contains your application shortcut icons. To start the application double click on the application icon you wish to use. While you are logged in a yellow bar is shown at the top of the screen. This allows you to minimize this Windows session so you can work on your PC.
Clicking on the X does not log you off it only Disconnects you. When you are finished working please log off by going to Start > Log Off.