How to refund a remaining credit when a partial refund has already been applied to an invoice
Currently, the software does not allow multiple refunds of the same credit.
An enhancement request has been submitted to allow multiple refunds of the same credit. In the meantime, you can do the following.
- Remove the remaining credit from the initial credit:
- Create a negative credit for the amount of the credit balance. For more information, see this article.
- If you can, use yesterday's date.
- If you use yesterday's date, the negative credit will not show on the unapplied credit memo list.
- If you use today's date, the negative credit will show on the unapplied credit memo list, but only for today and not beyond.
- That takes care of the remaining credit that cannot be used to refund the customer.
- Create a new credit and a refund check:
- Create a new credit memo (for the amount of the remaining credit).
- Use the create refund bill button to create a bill in Ledgers and Payables.
- Create a refund check from the refund bill, using the checks option.