How to delete a deposit
A deposit can be deleted if:
- The user's credentials are set up with the proper permission.
- The transaction date on the deposit is in an open period.
- The deposit has not been cleared on a bank reconciliation.
If the deposit has been cleared on a bank reconciliation and the deposit was entered in error, go through the proper channels to have the reconciliation re-opened so the deposit can be unmarked before moving forward. If either of the first two conditions is not met, a journal entry may be created to reverse the original deposit.
To delete a deposit
- Go to Deposits → Find Deposit
- Enter the search criteria and click the Go button next to the transaction
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the screen