How to schedule an event
- Click Events
- Click Event
- Click New.
Below is a series of screens that show how each tab may be filled out. The content in each screen is fully dependent on how each category has been set up.
- Event Tab
(A) Event Times: The default time frame is 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. To change this to an evening event, start by changing the end time.
(B) Event Type: Always leave this at Normal when first setting up the event. Later, you may change it to recurring if pertinent. The steps for this come later.
(C) Event Category/Color
- Event Category: Adding a category here will allow you to filter on that category when viewing your Event Planning Calendar.
- Color: If you want to color code certain events so they stick out more on the Event Calendar, you may select a different color.
- Facility Tab: All of these options are added through Setup → Rooms
(A) Rooms: When you select a room here, it will display as locked when you go to add a new event for the same timeframe in a new event.
- Notice how in this example the Gallery has a lock icon showing it is locked and cannot be used for this event.
- The Gathering Room allows us to mark it with a checkmark, reserving it for this event.
(C) Off Campus: If your event is scheduled off campus, you may fill in the information in this section.
- Setup/Equipment Tab: These options are added through Setup → Resources or Combo Boxes and are to help the facility administrator know how to set up the event.
(A) Arrangement: These options are added through Setup → Combo Boxes and are used by the facility administrator for room setup formats such as tables w/chairs or rows of chairs.
(B) Mark the boxes for each of these shared areas you will use. Also, enter the number of people expected.
(C) Equipment: Added through Resources → Equipment (also on the main screen as Equipment)
(D) Options: Added through Resources → Tables and Resources → Chairs to reserve these items for your event; if these resources are limited, other concurring event planners will know they must rent additional tables and chairs
- Staff Tab: The staff are added through Setup → Resources
- Groups Tab: The staff are added through Setup → Resources
- Planning Tab:
- Room Setup Report: Once your event is set up, you may print off a Room Setup Report to hand out to all who may need to know the expected set up and other particulars about the event.