How to add contributions to new pledge records when the contributions are in closed batches
If contributions were recorded toward a pledge fund before the pledge record was entered and the contribution batch is a closed batch, and if the member would like the contribution to be counted toward their pledge, choose from one of the following options:
- For each member in this predicament, for each fund, add negative payment entries for each of the payments made so far since the start date of the pledge. Note, negative entries may not be made in Quick Entry Posting. Then add the entries again in the positive. The software will automatically assign these positive payments to the most recently added pledge record for that fund.
- If there are many records, we recommend using a CSV import rather than entering the reversing entries by hand.
- No matter how they are entered, you must manually edit each negative contribution individually to take away it's automatically added pledge ID.
- In Offering → Pledges → Edit Pledge, use adjustments to take away the amount of the pledge that the family had already contributed.
- Make the pledge record totals be whatever the remaining amount is and make a note in the pledge record or family record that the original amount was higher, but some contributions were entered before the pledge record was added so they didn't get counted against it.
- **In rare occasions there is a billable services option, but support must be consulted for this.