How to delete a bank reconciliation
If the bank reconciliation is open:
- Click on Process → Reconciliations → Bank Reconciliation
- Click on the link to the reconciliation you want to delete. Note, if the word 'Reconciled' is displayed in parenthesis to the right of the one you want to delete, the reconciliation is closed.
- On the Bank Reconciliation screen, scroll to the bottom and click on the Delete button. Click here if there is no delete button at the bottom of the reconciliation screen.
If the reconciliation is closed or if you don't see the Delete button:
If you don't see a delete button at the bottom of the reconciliation screen, either the reconciliation has been closed or you don't have permissions to delete bank reconciliations.
If either of these is true, contact your church administrator for the following:
- Still Open: If the bank reconciliation is open but you do not have permission to delete it, you must ask the correct authority to either delete it for you or to give you permissions to do so.
- Closed: If it's closed, contact the correct authority to have the reconciliation reopened so it can be deleted. Note, if this is the case, and if any correcting transactions will be added before it is closed again, you may also want to request the accounting period in which the reconciliation was closed also get re-opened.